3.08.2008

[St.] Vincent: I hope your open light is blinking still



Annie Clark has to be one of the most adorable singers I've ever seen. Her giant eyes and curly brown hair made me want to hug her, if not be her. No wonder she had a pack of dirty scene kids in awe of her every move. One dirty scene kid in particular, who pushed his way in front of me to drool a little closer, smelled like weed and licorice wrapped in cellophane. Don't ask, but that's what I smelled. It was not pleasant.



Annie Clark was somewhat reminiscent of Regina Spektor, but less dorky, and less sweet. I was still excited to see them though. I like the intimacy of small shows. And sorry, Jonna, about the front and center and deafness thing! I tend to want to be in the front row to every show I go to. I'm greedy like that.

I didn't get to hear Paris is Burning, which bummed me out a little, but she did play a bad ass cover of Dig A Pony which I have been obsessing over ever since.

Here are some clips. Same warning about the three minute mark applies.

Dig A Pony



Jesus Saves, I Spend

1 comment:

David said...

She should go back to singing for sufjan

=P