3.08.2008

Wet, cold, American internship

Since my party outings are limited – I still haven’t quite gotten comfortable with the idea of going to a bar alone (I envy people who can), I decided to find some shows to go to in our nation’s capital. Though I could have been going to a lot more, fuck you Justice and Wilco for selling out, the three shows I have been to have been well worth it.



The first was Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter. It was too long ago for me to remember really what happened, but it was at this historic synagogue close to Chinatown with a beautiful blue and gold dome inside.


I think I liked Michael Showalter better than Mr. Black. My recent addiction to Facebook Scrabulous made Showalter’s closing skit on Scrabble funnier than it probably was.

Anyway, it was my second weekend in the city, and it felt good to laugh again. I missed Drew though. I know he would have thought it was just as funny as I did. We both have that ridiculous yet cynical sense of humor, albeit, his is even more disturbing than mine.

Here are three clips that I took:


Michael Ian Black reading from his new book, My Custom Van:



Michael Showalter's Scrabble bit in two pieces:






By the way, at about 3 minutes, my digital camera acts a fool and scrambles the sound on whatever it's recording, and the audio is always out of sync. Sorry. My next investment will be for a better camera. Maybe even a camcorder. Hmmm...

No comments: